Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:08 pm 

Hi all,

Its been a while since Ive posted since I have 3 kids now and life is pretty hectic. However, my oldest daughter made my day when she asked me to take her fishing soon. Im normally a kayak guy but only have a 1 seater. Looking for suggestions on where I could take her to fish from shore that would be safe and somewhat comfy. (Ill bring c( not muddy, etc.) Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:35 pm 

Hello again nofanspatton, and nice to see you in here again!!

(1) Dunno where in the JAX area you are located, but Dutton Island has two floating docks, and there are pretty much empty if you can sneak her up there during the work week.

(2) Myrtle Creek up at Kayak Amelia is a pretty good place to fish from...call first and check their hours of operation...It varies!!

(3) If you are down in the PV/Sawgrass area, I would also try South of the Guana Dam into Guana River.....lots of snags in the spillway, but LOTS of fish ambush their lunch waiting for baitfish to come thru there!! I got tired of the snags, and switched to a float rig with only about 18" of line under the float.
Good Luck!!
JohnYaksJax

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:48 pm 

The beach right now. With the mullet in the surf (what's left of the mullet run) there will be reds and other fishes but pompano are still being caught in good numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:22 pm 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Im in San Marco but usually yak off hecksher Dr. I didnt think about kayak amelia and their dock. I even see some people pulled off the road but prefer to have toilets, drinks etc. Think that'll be best for our first trip. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:06 pm 

Unless the hurricane changed things, Sisters Creek has a decent dock to fish from with facilities, playground, good parking, close to White Shell, etc.