Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 am 

Did the launch at the airport get completed? Can you get in or out at low tides?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:04 pm 

Phil...That is a great question, and that launch area sounded very promising.
I would guess you can find his links and posts if you use the "Search" function...look above and under the JKF logo!!

Please let us know what you found...and maybe you can pop him a PM and see what the latest is????
Thanks for bringing that up!!
JYJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:38 pm 

I drove over to the airport and caught an employee that was going thru a gate. At first he was uncertain about a launch but after giving him the few details I could remember, he said that there was probably no launch back there and that the airport had recently removed a wooden structure (dock) and a launch that at one time had been used by sea planes. I drove back Estrella and Indian Bend and both were gated by the airport. North Bend, the next street south looks to be all privatr property.

It would have been great to fish those east/west creeks to get some protection from yhis North wind.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:14 pm 

Hey phil604.....that would have been a great launch area for fishing on the West side of the ICW near there!!

You can also access that area and those 4 creeks by launching at that county ramp where Euclid Ave. (?) dead ends into the ICW off of A1A. Turn and head WEST from A1A at the road (Euclid Avenue?) right at The Reef Restaurant on A1A.

Paddle/pedal in a NW direction to miss the big sandbar in the ICW and head toward the airport....there are 4 creeks on the West side of the ICW and they all are fishy!!
JohnYaksJax
FISHING SPOTS above used to show this map:
http://www.jaxkayakfishing.com/vilano.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:27 am 

Thanks for the info John. I did that, launching there by Mike's bait shop. That was three years ago. Got on some trout and saw a couple of large reds. Crossing back over in a high wind and incoming tide took a lot of effort. I was hoping to avoid that. I found Maultrie Creek and fished it the last two days and got some protection from the wind and caught a few trout too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:04 pm 

It was on the south side of the airport by the flight school? The project was never followed through with. It would not have been low tide accessible.

Last I saw, they put a bucket load of dirt to block the path