Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:20 am 

I got on the water about 3:30 am but it seems like the fish have moved off their summer pattern of aggressively feeding in the ICW just before dawn. I caught into a small trout and short red in feeder creek at low tide. I also had a nice slot red hit but when I set the hook, I suddenly had the Gulp shrimp flying past me to the right and the fish racing away past my left. He must've had only the tail in this mouth.
I found a couple trout in the ICW when I came back after sunup on the incoming tide, along with the best fish of the day, a 30 inch 10.15 lb redfish that absolutely annihilated a popper. That hit alone makes me want to get a go-pro. And thank goodness for double treble hooks because when I landed him, he was hooked only in the chest. The other treble was broken off in his lip - the split ring had broken.
The most action of the day was when I moved further up into Pablo Creek and found an enormous school of trout. They were absolutely destroying what I think were young ribbon fish. Does anyone know if they spawn or something in our area? There were maybe 6-8 inches long, very flat and shiny. Kind of needlefish like but without the beak. The trout would chase them right across the surface and the seagulls would come down and pick off the ribbonfish. I finished with 30 trout but only 3 were slot. I could have caught twice that if I could have positioned myself better in the current. Still, it was an awesome day.
Attachment:
Picture Joint Items_1_1.jpg
Picture Joint Items_1_1.jpg [ 32.29 KiB | Viewed 481 times ]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:02 am 

Awesome report I've been meaning to fish first light recently and after a report like that ill be up early this weekend for sure. :coffee2:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:17 pm 

I'm sorry did you say 30 fish caught???!!!!

| Hobie PA12 The Cadillac | Buy VonZipper CPR Measuring Board Online & Vinyl Graphics @ www.i-heart-stickers.com
| 904-256-4985 |

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:23 am 

Great report!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:14 pm 

Stud fish nice job!