Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:21 am 

I have been blessed to be the recipient of quite a few wonderful gifts in my almost 65 years but yesterday was a first for me. My friend Danny Blair shared with me at breakfast that he had a small bag of worms in his garage refrigerator that were for me and to go by and pick them up on my way home. Now folks, these were not just worms. These were Catalpa Worms! (Pronounced in Georgia…..”Caw Tah Bah Worms.”)

I was so excited that I couldn’t wait to take the clothespin off the paper sack just to see what I had!

Well, knowing that there is no time like the present the Ol’ Captain and Max loaded up quickly and quietly then paddled up the creek to test them out.

We caught several small Bream and a few “Cane Pole Cats” but nothing to write home about.

Knowing that I wanted to be a good steward of Danny’s fine gift I decided to keep a couple of live Bream aside for live bait. There is a spot called “Hatter’s Point” that sits right off the corner of our bank and it has served me well this year. Wanting to receive the best return on Danny Blair’s investment I put out a rod last night with a live Bream on it. After my coffee and oatmeal this morning Max and I went out to check the rod and to our delight it was dancing!! I gathered up our net and camera and as you can see the rest is history! Our gift was magnified considerably by catching a nice Blue Cat on a Catalpa worm caught Bream!

The life lesson here is that you should Never Underestimate a Free Bag of Worms !!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter