Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:54 am 

My schedule freed up and allowed me to go fishing Thursday, friday, and saturday. The tide looked good for floods on all these days. Got out thursday and it was blowing 15-20 all day. With the noreaster pushing all the water further in, everything was flooding over. Managed to see one or two tails that day but it was blowing so fast that you would get pushed past them before you could even try and get a cast off. I decided to say forget it and took the long paddle back in without so much as hardly casting at one. Came back friday to a perfect day on the water. Hardly any wind that day and the flood was perfect. Got out to my favorite flat and spent about 10 minutes before i saw the first tail pop up. A few seconds after that, more showed up. Played around with them for 20 minutes before they decided they had had enough of us. Took a friend out with me that doesn't fish, but gave him first shot at each one that we saw. He missed them all but still had a great time on the water. Saturday rolls around and im back out there at first light again. Caught a few ladyfish as they were working bait right as the sun came up. Paddled back into the creek to get to a flat and waited for it to fill up all the way, which it never did. Spent about the next two hours polling through all of the grass: nothing. Not even a hint of a tail. I personally believe that this is from all the boat traffic. Simpsons was pretty full this weekend, probably at least 10 people in kayaks and a few boats out there as well. Also unfortunately some idiot decided to take his airboat out for a joyride right through half of the grass. This is probably the 7th-8th flood trip ive made this year to Simpsons, and it was the only one on a weekend and the only one where i didn't see any tails. The tides should still flood pretty well this week, going to get back after them either tues or thurs.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:23 am 

When it gets above a 6.0 tide, i have trouble seeing them. The waters too high. They could be eating but the water is over their tails i guess. At least thats what ive heard from others .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 am 

I was out there Saturday too,.,., caught a few trout but only managed to see one tailing,.,., I was fishing on the Nassau side of the bridge tho