Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:36 pm 

Looks like according to the wilderness system website, that they are discontinuing the Commander Series for next year. Anyone confirm this? If so, getting rid of a very versatile kayak.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:45 pm 

Hey PIRATES....nice to see you in here!!

I am not very current on what the situation with the W/S Commander Series is right now....and it you saw that on the W/S Users Group website, it is probably pretty true...IF the post was done by a W/S employee!!

I would not be surprised if it was being discontinued since it was a very slow seller, and I do remember people just deciding to get a canoe instead, since they were pretty similar.
Also, that was about when the NuCanoe Classic was being made and shipped and it had MANY accessories for it that the Commander did not offer.
(the Classic did not have scupper holes so it was similar to the Commander and canoes)
The newer models of the NuCanoe products are the Frontier and the Pursuit, and both models have scuppers.
I just called BCO and Joe was not there to ask what he knows about the Commander.
Sorry.....John AKA JYJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:12 am 

They are showing up discontinued on Austin Kayak and access is denied to the commander 120 page at W/S website. So Id says its a goner.

| Hobie PA12 The Cadillac | Polar Bear Coolers | Cajun Custom Rods | 904-256-4985 | Buy VonZipper CPR Measuring Board Online & Vinyl Graphics @ www.i-heart-stickers.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:26 pm 

Perhaps it will be rebadged by one of their other companies like some of the older products from WS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:06 pm 

This is what I highly suspect. That's a tried and true mold for Confluence Watersports. I don't think they'll be mothballing it anytime soon. I would look for it to move to the Perception line. Of course, they'll have to screw up the built-in rod holders first, making them relatively useless, but... (haha).

Perception Sport Destiny/Scout 12
Perception Striker 11.5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:14 pm 

The Commander 140 is still on the Wilderness Systems website. Maybe they're just getting rid of the 120?

Perception Sport Destiny/Scout 12
Perception Striker 11.5