Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chad Update Sept 14
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:44 pm 

From Chad:

"Update from my CT scan from yesterday....
Nothing new outside liver. The main tumor is definitely bigger, from 4.6 to 8.5cm, and some new liver lesions. Will do another scan in 6 weeks. To me, this is a win. I feel better than I have in 2 years, and I thank you all for your continuous prayers. :)
………………………………………………..

My Reply:
Our power has been off for 75 hours and I haven’t been on FB in several days. I do have a light-hearted post in the works but before I share it I want to talk about my son Chad. No father could be any prouder of his son. His drive and fighting spirit is second to none. His faith in our Lord Jesus is rock solid. It is easy to be tough when you are on the top of the pile but I know in my heart that very few can show the character Chad has displayed in adversity. Not for a month. Not for a year. But for three years. I know that God is pleased with Chad and in this loving father's opinion, Chad has displayed Christian manhood that many of us can only dream of having. We have no idea of what the future holds for any of us but I do know this. Be it 2 more years or 40 Chad will one day meet his Maker face to face. I firmly believe with every fiber of my being that God is going to say something like “Well done Chad, I like your style.”

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: Chad Update Sept 14
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:35 pm 

Chad was admitted to Wellstar Douglas this afternoon. The following update was written by our daughter Lauren. We love you all and thank you for your prayers!

But God...
We believe...
Praise Him in the valley...
So easy to say, but I'm here to tell you, it's not always easy to do. Nope. Some days are more like...
I believe, Lord, help my unbelief!
If you remember, Chad posted a few weeks ago that his tumor markers had gone up some. Meaning...higher numbers means tumor has grown in the liver. Since then, he's also been told he has some spots on his lungs as well. The doc has been sorting through what action to take next. New medicine? Clinical trials? She's committed to try any and everything she can.
This brings us to last night/today. He's had stomach pain. Bad stomach pain. (Keep in mind he does have much stomach left). He went to his doctor. She sent him to the ER. They admitted him (side note we are SO thankful for Karen who MADE this happen!). He has a bowel obstruction.
We covet your prayers for the following: he needs to have a BM soon. And please pray he doesn't throw up...he HATES the tube that will go in his nose if he starts throwing up. So...if you're a bottom line kind of person...please pray for lots of poop and no puke! P&P
Thank you for loving our family. Thank you for walking this journey with us. Thank you for standing in the gap. Thank you for believing and then believing some more. We need you and your prayers and appreciate them more than we could ever express.
God is faithful. He is not surprised nor shaken. We WILL praise him...no matter what.