Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Kayak Doctor" Clark??
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:08 pm 

Called BCO and asked to speak to Clark regarding rigging my kayak, surprised when I was informed Clark no longer works there, it has been a few months since I brought a kayak in for Clark to work on. Person which answered my call said he was no longer working from BCO but doing something on his own. Anyone know if Clark is still doing kayak modifications and repairs? If so, any contact information?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:18 pm 

This is not good news for bco customers. Especially hobie owners. I hope they found a new doctor. I always felt he needed help and was probably underpaid. Having said that, bco is still the best place o buy a kayak. I hope they are also going to be the best place for outfitting and repairs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:38 pm 

He is still on this forum. Send him a PM if you need him. Think his username is Kayakdoctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:15 pm 

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:51 pm 

I live in Middleburg and Clark has come to my house twice to work on my PAs. Outstanding guy, I wouldn't let anyone else work on my Hobies. I bought both my Hobies from BCO and Clark was the only good thing that came out of that experience.
Their loss.

Lowrance
Boondock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:35 pm 

Clark is a great guy. Hope you get in touch with him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:27 am 

I have advised Clark you are trying to contact him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:47 am 

yakingoff wrote:
I live in Middleburg and Clark has come to my house twice to work on my PAs. Outstanding guy, I wouldn't let anyone else work on my Hobies. I bought both my Hobies from BCO and Clark was the only good thing that came out of that experience.
Their loss.

He was very helpful. The majority of the other folks seemed to specialize in yoga clothing. Wonder how many folks there fish?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:59 pm 

G8trwood wrote:
yakingoff wrote:
Their loss.

He was very helpful. The majority of the other folks seemed to specialize in yoga clothing. Wonder how many folks there fish?

Because Clark is gone, don't question what BCO and staff has done for our kayak community. They are the best kayak dealer in the SE part of the US. Very knowledgable folks and always stand behind their products. Where else can you actually test any kayak they carry buy taking it out on the lake.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:59 pm 

G8trwood wrote:
yakingoff wrote:
Their loss.

He was very helpful. The majority of the other folks seemed to specialize in yoga clothing. Wonder how many folks there fish?[

The lake is nice, but it doesn't run the company. I personally had a bad experience buying two loaded to the max PAs. The Doctor saved it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowrance
Boondock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:10 pm 

Hey guys! My ears are burning. Thanks for the the kind comments.

I'm still here and I am still doing house calls when needed. I'm now looking for a new shop if anyone knows of an affordable space.

Here is my phone number: (904) 891-3739. Please leave a message if I don't answer. I'll call you back. You can text me as well. If you need me to comment or look at something shoot me some pics to kayakdoctor@gmail.com or to my phone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:53 am 

kayakdoctor wrote:
Hey guys! My ears are burning. Thanks for the the kind comments.

I'm still here and I am still doing house calls when needed. I'm now looking for a new shop if anyone knows of an affordable space.

Here is my phone number: (904) 891-3739. Please leave a message if I don't answer. I'll call you back. You can text me as well. If you need me to comment or look at something shoot me some pics to kayakdoctor@gmail.com or to my phone.

Just saying but -

Food trucks can compete with established restaurants
laptops have replaced most desktops
mobile phones have killed land lines

perhaps your next office space is mobile?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:44 pm 

Clark....You know that I have some limited room at my home for some "pieces and parts" and if you ever need to store some "commonly used items" you can store them with me.....Let me know...... :salute:
JYJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:10 pm 

yakingoff wrote:
G8trwood wrote:
yakingoff wrote:
Their loss.

He was very helpful. The majority of the other folks seemed to specialize in yoga clothing. Wonder how many folks there fish?[

The lake is nice, but it doesn't run the company. I personally had a bad experience buying two loaded to the max PAs. The Doctor saved it for me.

Just wanted to put it out there I received a call today from BCO. It was a follow up call on my post of having a bad experience with buying my PAs. Adam was very concerned of my unhappiness and tried his best to rectify my issues. In today's market place custumer service is everything.

Thanks for the follow up call today BCO (Adam).

It shows this forum is a great thing to be part of.

Lowrance
Boondock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:52 pm 

BCO is a great store. The fact that you demo boats is huge. I always been able to find something I needed for my Yak that no one else stocked. Clark is an extremely knowledgeble and talented boat doctor. I am sorry to hear he left.