Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:40 pm 

I've had positive experiences with both BCO and Clark.

I bought one of the very first Tarpon 120s made from JoeButler at BCO many many moons ago.

Sometimes after trips I would find a cup or two of water inside it but it didn't really bug me because I caught a lot of fish out of it and always got wet and muddy fishing anyway. A few months later, while I was in the store talking to Joe, I happened to mention it in passing. He asked me to bring it in and let him look at it. It turns out it was a manufacturing defect from a seam inside a scupper hole. A few days later they handed me a brand new Tarpon 120. I almost felt guilty trading in an oyster scarred beat up kayak for a brand new one.

Was it covered under warranty? I'm sure it was. But Joe didn't have to say anything about it. It left a lasting positive experience on me and I've been back many times since and spent more money than I care to admit on a public forum.

The second half to this is I've also had Clark work on a few things for me. He's always been extremely helpful and very competent. Even to the point of just telling me how to do something simple rather than charging me for something I didn't really need or could do myself.

I wish both BCO and Clark continued success.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:03 pm 

Thanks hmmngwy!

I'm still around. Thanks for the kind words. Let me know if you need kayakdoctor for a house call. :)