Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need new net
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 am 

Launched out of the boat ramp in Green Cove Springs early Saturday morning with dead shrimp hoping to catch some croakers. It took about 30 mins to pedal the Hobie PA all the way across to buoy 18 where we joined what looked to be about 14 boats at the croaker hole.

In about an hour we caught a few croakers and a small trout. The catch of the day however was almost lost due to the malfunction of a collapsible net that is Imageno longer welcome on my boat. It was a comedy of errors that involved 2 people, 2 disjointed nets and 1 big catfish.

Luckily, once the fish was brought on board and just before the wind and water made it a difficult paddle back we had the foresight to called it a day and went home to a great catfish and cheese grit dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowrance
Boondock

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: Need new net
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:25 am 

good looking cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:07 pm 

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.....I'll let you swim in "Lake Crisco"......GREAT catfish you go there!!

What species of catfish is it....used to know them pretty well, but not all I catch is Hardheads and Gafftopsails....YUCK!!!
JYJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:57 am 

JohnYaksJax wrote:
Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.....I'll let you swim in "Lake Crisco"......GREAT catfish you go there!!

What species of catfish is it....used to know them pretty well, but not all I catch is Hardheads and Gafftopsails....YUCK!!!
JYJ

Actually - surf caught sail cats under 5 lbs or so are some super white meat. Some of the best I have found when cornmeal dusted and fried. WOW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:54 pm 

Hey JMDesign....just checked my "handy dandy Fish ID Book" by Vic Dunaway, and he agrees with you....he wrote:
"Quite good...has more of a table reputation than the common catfish".

I like F/W catfish, and have caught and handled 1,000's of them, and they are good eating, but I will take a pass on S/W species since I do not like handling Sailcats....JYJ