Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:34 pm 

I'm wondering if you guys have any input on the Ocean Kayak Prowler Big Game? Not the new one with fancy camo colors, but the old(er) one that's yellow. Would this be a good starting kayak for a big guy (336lbs)? Any help would be appreciated.

Uses will be general paddling, and once I get good at that... I would like to fish, once I learn or get lessons on how to.

I live out in the Middleburg area.

Mods: If this is in the wrong forum, please move my message, I'm new here and trying to navigate this site.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:06 pm 

I actually had one of the older ones(mine was blue). I thought it was great.Capacity of 600lbs, i think so that would be good for you. Super stable. Probably a little slow seeing it was 34 in. wide and 12 ft long from what I remember. Wish I would have kept it but I seem to have a buying/selling kayak addiction. I have bought and sold about 13-14 kayaks. Want to buy my Ride 115 with rudder and new style air pro max seat? $900 obo.Mark T

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:22 pm 

southernCeltic wrote:
I actually had one of the older ones(mine was blue). I thought it was great.Capacity of 600lbs, i think so that would be good for you. Super stable. Probably a little slow seeing it was 34 in. wide and 12 ft long from what I remember. Wish I would have kept it but I seem to have a buying/selling kayak addiction. I have bought and sold about 13-14 kayaks. Want to buy my Ride 115 with rudder and new style air pro max seat? $900 obo.Mark T

Thank you for the input on the OK Prowler, I appreciate it. I'm "ok" with slow and stable, won't be doing any racing and need the exercise. I'll eventually get into fishing, so slow and stable might be the way to go for me.

Thank you for the offer for you kayak, but I'll pass at the moment. I'm going to make my way to Black Creek Outfitters and try some of their kayaks to see what works best for me I think. I would also like to try some canoe's and see if that would work too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:35 am 

Go for it ! I have tried it. Ocean Kayak Prowler Big Game is super stable, best for fishing and can easily take up your weight. I have also been a fan of ocean kayak prowler 13.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 pm 

you'll feel comfortable enough on the first trip to be fishing, the learning curve is very short