Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:08 pm 

I like the Sea Ghost 130s price but I'm just unsure about stability. I went to Florida Watersports today in Panama City and demoed a Lure 13.5 and really liked it. It's 36' wide and after demoing it I don't think I want a boat any narrower.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:14 am 

I remember you posting before. You stated you were a bigger fellow. 36 inches is WIDE for a kayak. Stability isn't just width. Kayaks with a pontoon style bottom like wilderness ride and old town predator offer stability at 34 inches with that unique bottom. Check out the show "knot right kayak fishing" with a guy named Chad Hoover. He's a big guy and fishes out of several Wilderness brands. The only problem with a 36 wide kayak that's not peddle, is it will paddle like a piece of plywood. If you do get that size kayak, you might consider a trolling motor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:24 am 

Jwray wrote:
Im selling my Old Town Predator MX for $700. Retails for $1200. You can borrow it for a day or test it near my house.

http://www.oldtowncanoe.com/kayaks/predator_family/

For what it's worth, I have a buddy that is about 6' and weighs about 285. He has this boat and it works great for him in case you were interested in this offer. I have fished with him in the Keys, Dry Tortugas and here locally and he is always talking about how great it suits him for his size.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:11 am 

You have plenty of options in stable sit-on-top kayaks. I kayak on Malibu X-factor but that is a fishing kayak too. Look for Pescador 12.0 or Wilderness Systems 105.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:24 am 

Daniel, I think you'll find some very valuable information and great tips on this kayak fishing guide for 2018 from Fishtripr, an online marketplace. Have a wonderful day!