Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Good Investment
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:08 pm 

A Good Investment

My portfolio may not look anything like yours but I consider myself to be one of the wealthiest men alive. I say this in part because I know a good investment when I see one. For instance I know that when I sit in this rocker with my friend and talk to him while we look and listen to God’s creation along Crooked Creek I consider it to be a good investment of my time.

There is something about the warm sun on my neck and the Oldies seeping out of the remote controlled Bose radio in the dock rafters that brings countless dividends.

Today I made a couple of other investments. First of all, I came off the hip and sprang for a 50 cent can of corn. I felt like we might land a Carp or two or we might catch a small fish that would be willing to sacrifice himself as cut bait for a Cat or two. It wasn’t long before I caught a small Shad who paid the ultimate sacrifice so our day and this story could progress.

The whole adventure lasted just a couple of hours but early on a rod went down and a nice Cat was brought to hand. Being a Carp Hound Max really doesn’t get excited unless he is dealing with Solid Gold. I on the other hand, knew that this baby was heading to the freezer!

I then caught a much smaller Cat to add to the table fare and then we sat back and rocked a while.

It wasn’t too long before a big egg filled fat girl decided to head down Crooked Creek with a small piece of Shad and my Circle hook in her lips! It was her and then it was me. It was me and then it was her. I finally got her on the dock and took her up to the porch to be photographed by Mrs. Captain. As you look at the photos keep in mind that the Ultimate Carp Hound weighs 18 pounds.

As I looked at her girth I realized that she was carrying thousands of eggs and I had already cleaned enough fish for a meal or two. That’s when I made another good investment. I quietly slipped her back into the creek and I invested in the future.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: A Good Investment
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:33 pm 

Horace....those first 2 catfish are certainly NICE cats and will taste great after a swim in Lake Crisco.
The big female is a monster, and you certainly invested in the future of Crooked Creek by letting he to to spawn...good on you!!!

Max kept his distance from her...guess you told him about those three sharp fins!! LOL!!
Thx for another good story.....John

Post subject: Re: A Good Investment
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:06 pm 

JohnYaksJax wrote:
Horace....those first 2 catfish are certainly NICE cats and will taste great after a swim in Lake Crisco.
The big female is a monster, and you certainly invested in the future of Crooked Creek by letting he to to spawn...good on you!!!

Max kept his distance from her...guess you told him about those three sharp fins!! LOL!!
Thx for another good story.....John

Thanks John. Max only goes for the Gold!!