Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vaction Fishing- Acadia
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:17 am 

So, direction to Acadia in mid-June for vacation. I have fished the new Hampshire and Maine coast a handful of times, also as well as Acadia once when I was a kid. We trapped some pollock, don't even memorize the bait we were using.
Any tips? I searched a site, but there have no tips.Can anyone ever have any luck? We'll stab it from the rocks, most likely from kayaks as well. I try out one of the revels boats too, though not really my style.
What things should I bring? I've got just about the whole thing from ultralight freshwater rigs to surf sharking rods.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:01 am 

Hello virginialuther12 and Welcome to JKF!!

Sorry, but I have no idea what or where Acadia is.....???
Sounds like it "may" be New England area, but not certain....
If so, you might wanna direct a PM to "Keastman" aka Kevin who is from the New England area....Best wishes on catching them up!!
JohnYaksJax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:19 am 

Louisiana?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:50 pm 

I am assuming you are going to Acadia Nation Park in Maine?

As an Boston transplant.. I can tell you that you will be right in the swing of the Striper migration. My avatar is my personal best striper from last summer.
That area will prolly be right on the front end of it at that time so plant on seeing striper in the 26-30" range with some cows mixed in along with sizable blue fish if it is warm early.

From the shore, you will want an 8-10 foot surf rod spooled up with 30# braid and 50# flouro. From a kayak drop down to 7 feet. Artificials commonly thrown are sluggos and wood plugs... but the end all be all in my opinion from a yak is tube and worm on the troll.

Check out stripersonline.com for info and search tube and worm for technique. Plenty of info on chunking there as well.

Winter flounder should be in season as well as with black seabass.

I am jealous... that is my favorite time of the year in New England for fishing. HAVE FUN! :rr: :rr: :-B :-B

Don't forget to hike the Precipice trail if you don't mind heights :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:56 am 

If your passing thru Brunswick Maine stop and fish under the bridge between Topsham and Brunswick across from the Sea Dog Brewery. About mid to third week of June the Stripers are in there hard. We used 4-6” paddle tails, jig heads and top water lures. When they are hitting on the surface throw a plug, when it stops throw a paddle tail. Spent 5 yrs up there so I know of what I speak.

CudaHD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:15 am 

A Maine fishing license is required, and there are usually special regulations on at least some of the lakes. A few of the lakes were dammed in their early history to provide power for mills, but all are considered natural lakes. And nature is the major attraction in Acadia National Park. Nearly all visitors to the well-known resort tubemate apk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:11 am 

There are numerous entries into Acadia. It's absolutely more suitable. and also, well activities other than hiking and biking should we make definite to join to get the seasonal direction to Acadia.