Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My rigged SUP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:59 am 

Hey guys I have been fishing mostly from my skiff lately but recently picked up a few used paddle boards. My wife and I enjoy cruising the ICW on the but I can't help but want to fish whenever I'm on or near the water so I had to rig mine for sight fishing. I got a 11'6" super stable Riviera SUP for $300 used, then added scotty's rod holder I had lying around. I bought a scotty's rod holder base online that is actually meant for inflatable boards but I attached it by sanding both surfaces and using thickened GFlew epoxy. No holes drilled and feel super strong time will tell. Also I added a small marine igloo cooler for fish, storage(small dry box of lures), and a stable place to sit. Added using two adhesive tie downs and found on the Internet and bungee cords. I've only had it out once in Salt Run for about an hours paddle with my wife. I did not get it slimed but am happy with placement of everything. I might add a cup holder to. The front of the cooler and a few more rod holders to the back side of the cooler down the road. Also I've seen shallow water fins. Does anyone else here sight fish from SUPs? Sorry for poor quality pics but you get the idea

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 25.18 KiB | Viewed 500 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 25.24 KiB | Viewed 500 times ]

"Wow! What a ride!"
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: My rigged SUP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:33 am 

Looks like fun is in your future. You got a great price on the board, I'm always looking for deal like that on one. I've got the same idea. That G flex is great stuff, I'll bet it holds up well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:37 pm 

Niiiiice set up! I'm looking in the market for one myself! Easy to get on top of the civic and travel with!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:44 am 

I am always a fan of Inflatable SUP. I just recently brought a new inflatable sup called Tower Paddle Boards iSUP Package. So far, i am just loving it. I did read a lot of reviews and buying guides before making a buying decision.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:33 pm 

SeaDog and Irene....two names of SUP contacts for you:

Mark who is "DropShot" in here....you can pop him a PM (Private Message) and he recently bought a Live2Fish catamaran SUP.....and fishes from it.

Matt Hite who is the SUP Guru at Black Creek Outfitters here in JAX...he is a trainer and instructor and teaches classes....he is also a lifetime fisherman and is the rigging guru for SUPs at BCO....if you have any rigging questions check with him....BCO info is at the bottom of every page since they are a sponsor in here!!
Good Luck and they are both great guys.....JohnYaksJax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:32 pm 

I also fish from a sup. Find me on facebook and let's chat. I fished exclusively form one for 3 years.

Starboard 14' All Star AST