Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:30 pm 

Thanks John,
Paul wants me to ship him a board so I will do that. I hate to lose Dougy but family has to come first. Pm me when the next get together is and I will try to make it. We are stockpiling up with boards for the Classic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:33 pm 

You are very welcome, Zip.....and the next one is this coming MONDAY, March 14th, with a Farewell Toast to DougyMillCove....at least until he and his bride return!!

topic40527.html?hilit=happy

Hope you can make it......John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:02 pm 

I am curious how many of you are left handed and find it hard to use the existing Zip's CPR board and would rather have a version with the handle and zero on the right side of the board?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:45 pm 

Vonzipper wrote:
I am curious how many of you are left handed and find it hard to use the existing Zip's CPR board and would rather have a version with the handle and zero on the right side of the board?

Not that many left handed fish out there :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:29 pm 

Jerry, thanks for a good laugh. Maybe I should ask a redfish which side he prefers the handle on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:07 pm 

Hey Eric....as one of the 10% of the world who is a Southpaw, I want to thank you for your consideration in using your Zip CPR Boards.

However, I am pretty certain that the JKF Classic specifies that the fish must be facing the Left in the picture....and I have seen that requirement in some GA and NC kayak websites also, so I do not think that the "Southpaw Style" would be useful or "legal" for Tourney usage...... :scratch:

I will double check the JKF Classic Rules for you....but am running errands now....JohnYaksJax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:22 pm 

ZIP....I just re-read the rules section on the Classic website under "11. SCORING" and it does NOT mention which direction the fish must be facing....guess those regs are for either GA or NC Tourneys....might be a good time to check with Mudcat or JR and see tho.......
JohnYaksJax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:01 pm 

I am also a southpaw...my fish measuring tool had the "0" on the left.

Red Flex 9' sit inside
Green Pelican Castaway 11' 6"
2012 Hobie PA 14'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:54 pm 

Guys, I am making some left-handed boards but I have an observation for discussion. Catherine bought one of my boards and the way she uses it is to turn it around on her kayak with the slotted back away from her instead of the way most of us would use it. It made me realize that is a way a left-hander could use the board as it is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:28 pm 

It doesn't make a difference if your picture is upside down. Rotate the picture and BAM..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:46 am 

A lot has happened this last year, including a detached retina in my right eye that I am just about recovered from now. I have resumed production of the boards, with methods that have improved the quality of them so if you want a great board for tournaments or just measuring those monsters you are catching, let me know here or call me at 904-386-7910. Zip

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:44 pm 

Hey Eric...aka Zip!!!
Nice to see you in here again and still know that you are doing pretty well and still making your "Zip Boards"....and that your health is still allowing you to make them...and HOPEFULLY to do some fishing!!
Take care and my best to your "Bride".....John

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:30 am 

Eric, you still doing the golf thing at Dick's?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:38 pm 

If you all want them via mail we are also supplying them for Zip on our website. I am now keeping a light stock for online orders.

https://www.i-heart-stickers.com/von-zi ... ring-board

| Hobie PA12 The Cadillac | Buy VonZipper CPR Measuring Board Online & Vinyl Graphics @ www.i-heart-stickers.com
| 904-256-4985 |

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:39 pm 

I am (as Jerry put it), still doing the golf thing at Dicks Sporting Goods on the north side. Come see me if you are having trouble with your game and want some pointers. If you come in for tackle, stop by golf to say hi if I am here. Dicks has added a lot of tackle this year. If you need a board, I can always put one in the truck and meet you before or after work.
Take care of your eyes. I had a detached retina in the right eye on Feb. 26th. I am almost over it and they will cut the cataract off in June.