Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:57 pm 

WOW the last few weeks have been maddening with political phone calls. I work from a home office and buy my count now it's been over a 15 per day average and half again from 6PM till 10pm. Most of them begin with things like " did you know" or 'wait till you hear" then course throw in this or that party and the stories begin. Others are simply chummy calls from some local politician on tape asking for my support. Is there any way to stop them, I guess not since even the ones that are live calls still call back after a day or two after being asked not to. My wife and I early voted and have actually spent time looking into the various issues that were on the ballots. Of course the political ads in the mail are another bone of contention. We could paper the walls with them in Putman county. Lastly there are the emails, thank goodness for maximum spam blocker. Too bad so much time has to be spent by public employees to keep there jobs by begging for votes. Doing the jobs we hired them for would be best but it happens only part of the time. Oh well at this level of crazy it's only every four years. We will continue to follow up on the issues and make hopefully informed decsions as to how to cast our ballot. It will be nice when election day is finally over and we can get back to work buildling our small business and not fielding phone calls from "unknown" or numbers that are from out of state. Oh yeah I guess we had help with that building the business thing :D .

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter