Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kingsley Creek?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:52 pm 

Hey guys I lurk alot of kayak fishing forums for the wealth of knowledge they provide however I hardly ever post. I was wondering what fishing was like in Kingsley Creek by the overpass from Yulee to AI/FB. I am going up this weekend with my gf and her house has access to the marsh creeks that spit out to Kingsley. I think I'll have an opportunity to fish one morning and wanted to know if anyone had any insight on the area. I plan on fishing the flood tide and bringing limited gear (couple colors of paddle tail DOA, DOA shrimp and a Johnson Weedless spoon. Any tips would be greatly appreciated and I look foward to continuing to learn from all the helpful posts on this site.

Mike

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: Kingsley Creek?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:06 pm 

Limited fishing done in this area by kayak due to only one semi-public access launch. The launch is very dangerous due to fast/swift tidal currents and scares most folks off. I pucker up fairly tight when I launch there :D

Hobie Pro Angler 12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:12 pm 

Her neighbor has a dock on the creek that we can use, so putting in shouldn't be too much of an issue. If it's tough to access for the public I'm going to assume that fishing reports will be sparce (damnit!). Haha oh well, I guess I'll give it a try and let ya'll know how it goes. Any other places nearby that you would suggest? I don't mind driving somewhere else if it means my chances of catching something increase, thanks for your response islandspeed!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:32 pm 

rolltribe41 wrote:
Her neighbor has a dock on the creek that we can use, so putting in shouldn't be too much of an issue. If it's tough to access for the public I'm going to assume that fishing reports will be sparce (damnit!). Haha oh well, I guess I'll give it a try and let ya'll know how it goes. Any other places nearby that you would suggest? I don't mind driving somewhere else if it means my chances of catching something increase, thanks for your response islandspeed!

Even with a dock to launch from when islandspeed2001 says "The launch is very dangerous due to fast/swift tidal currents " that would make me think twice aganest paddling in that area and stablizing in one place to fish. Just saying.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:38 pm 

As a tip for flood tides...work the crap out of that doa shrimp...if im not throwing a fly in the flood grass..im throwing a DOA shrimp.

Ive tried paddle tails in new penny and pearl white and have not had NEAR the hits as I have on glow or clear glitter shrimp.

as for spoons ive never given one enough effort to know.

Island Dazzz Outdoors https://www.facebook.com/islanddazzzoutdoors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:44 pm 

JAXFL - Thanks for the reply, if I do decide to go out there I will certainly heed caution to the tidal currents, I have seen how quickly the water comes and goes so that will always be something I pay close attention to.

Maverick- Thanks, that is the type of advice I was looking for! I've had great succes with DOA in the past so that's always one of my go to lures.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:01 pm 

Back in the creeks off the ICW the tidal currents are ok. It's at the semi-private launch that the water rips. The area you are wanting to fish hold good fish. No need to drive somewhere else to fish.

Hobie Pro Angler 12