Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:39 pm 

Constant experimentation is one thing I've always done regading lures. Trying to find the combination that works and gets the fish on the hook. Today started off slow, super low tide early that filled in over the course of the morning. DOA shrimp got nothing, Aqua Dream weedless spoons got a few nice hits but no hookups, and my topwater Super Spook got blown up a few times but again nobody stayed buttoned up. So I rerigged a gold colored blade bait by taking off the rear treble and replacing it with a small spinner blade and swivel. Then replaced the belly treble with a larger saltwater treble. That was the ticket. The lure worked just fine and when I would stop reeling it headed straight down with the spinner whirling like crazy. All the hits came a micro second after a pause when the lure would suddenly dive. Got four nice flounder and two little ones zipping the bait past the edges of the bars as the tide came up. Then once it was in fished the cuts coming onto the flats from the east and loaded up on ladyfish. Loads of fun to fight, I ended up rerigging my leader twice. All the fish were caught using a US Reel Salt 1 bait caster reel on an Emmrod Packrod with a standard size 6 coil Universal tip. I had the reel loaded with 12lb YoZuri Hybrid to a 20lb YoZuri fluorocarbon leader. Had a great time and all the fish got put right back in the water. Attached is a shot of the lure.

http://www.jeffstacklebox.com

Attachments:
Blade bait with rear spinner.jpg
Blade bait with rear spinner.jpg [ 115.03 KiB | Viewed 724 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter