Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:27 pm 

Hey guys, I'm going to Little Talbot Island camping in a couple of weeks with the wife and boys. Is there some good areas to fish from shore or wade? I'll also bring the surf rods to hit the beach. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:03 pm 

Maybe this link will help you get started....

http://www.floridastateparks.org/littletalbotisland/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:40 pm 

I love that campground, I camp there with my family every year. There is a nice "hand launch" boat ramp for kayaks and canoes into myrtle creek that is a short paddle to Simpson creek. Be careful cuz it dries up at low tide. If you don't have a kayak, there are trails along the creek you can fish from. There's a hiking trail on the south side of the campgrounds that has some nice spots to set up a chair and a cooler to relax. Stop at browns creek fishcamp for some shrimp cuz there's no bait shop near the park. The beach fishing is great there too. Its a nice family beach.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:22 am 

Another great thing about this campground is you can go 1 mile north and you can rent kayaks for the whole family at Kayak Amelia, the whole area has a great fishery including reds, trout, flounder, and drum.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:26 am 

Bring lots of BUG SPRAY :roll: They will carry you off if you don't use.

Hobie Pro Angler 12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:28 am 

I just camped there last weekend myself, first time there and I love it and will be back many times! Near where the walking fishing pier is, there is a 4x4 beach access that looks pretty popular for shore fishing, saw a few trucks out there fishing. I drove out and did some recon myself, plan to go back there soon and bring the yak and launch from there and maybe do some night shore fishing there!

Harley is right about KA, I stopped in and chatted with them and they said it was a $1/yak to launch from their spot if you bring your own yak, which is much better than dealing with the boats at the other ramp since it looks pretty tight there.

Enjoy!