Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mini X help
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:53 pm 

I was wondering if anyone has had cracking around the side carry handles on any of the Malibu kayaks. I have two mini xs and both have cracked around the side handle. I don't know what I would have done to cause the issue. Both are about a year and a half old. I have taken one of them back to Strike Zone where I purchased both of them and they have contacted Malibu to see if they will repair or replace. I just realized tonight that my second one has cracks as well. I was told that malibu usually has excellent quality kayaks but am starting to doubt them.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

I have spoken to several different employees at Strike Zone and one said that this shouldn't have happened while another said that it was normal wear and tear. This was in regards to my one that has only been on the water less than 10 times.

Thanks for any input that you can provide.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Post subject: Re: Mini X help
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:58 pm 

I have had a Mini-X for a couple of years now with many trips on it both fishing and playing in the surf at the beach. It is still in great shape and I have never had any trouble with cracks or anything else.

Strike Zone and Malibu are both very good businesses and you should not have a problem getting it fixed or replaced.

Post subject: Re: Mini X help
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:47 pm 

Malibu does stand well behind their boats. Strike Zone as well is very good with their customer service. I've had it first hand with them on a Heritage cracking issue a few years back and it was handled without question. I think your problem will have a happy ending you are dealing with two great companies.

http://www.jeffstacklebox.com