Home ReviewsArticlesKayak Fishing ForumsTidesWeatherGuidesBait&TackleOnline StoreLinksKayak Fishing SpotsEventsPhoto Gallery
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:33 pm 

I learned this style of cooking fish from a local chef, and it is outstanding!

After you catch your one keeper red for the day, and carve out 2 nice filets, cut the filets in half.

Get out your favorite non-stick frying pan or saute pan and put a generous amount of olive oil in the pan.

Turn on the heat on your range to medium to pre-heat the pan and get the oil nice and warm.

*The key is to pat the filets very dry with numerous paper towels after they have been left out at room temperature for 20 minutes.

Once the filets are pretty dry, season them heavily with salt, pepper, and your favorite cajun seasoning.

Turn the heat up to medium-high, and gently place the filets in the oil.

Simmer for about five minutes and use a spoon to coat the filets with the oil, and make sure to swivel the pan to keep the filets loose from the bottom.

Remove carefully from the oil, and the seasonings will sear into the meat beautifully! Place on paper towels to blot some of the oil out.

Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon, your favorite veg or rice and beans, and a nice tall cold one (or two!).

This is how they poach/fry fish in Italy on the coast alot, no breading needed!

Deeeeeeelish!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:54 am 

Hello, guys! I want to make your life easier as well as I did with my own one. This article contains 20 interesting pieces of advice that will help you to override some difficulties, follow the link http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/top-20-recipes-that-will-make-your-life-easier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:50 pm 

Warrior, my wife is has been preparing redfish like this for years. Now I can tell her that her she must be from Italy instead of being a southern belle :)

Slayer Lures
SuperStick
Garmin